- Goodreads ads and giveaways don't often translate to sales, but they do help with visibility
- In general, Goodreads efforts and blog tours don't translate well to sales
- I Love Vampire Novels is a good place to advertise NA Paranormal
- Preorders are tricky as the Amazon algorithm doesn't count them the same way. While it's great to create buzz before the book is out and give people the option to buy it, you also want to focus on that first week of sales.
- Pretty Links let you control your links. (So, before the launch it can go to your website and afterward it could go to Amazon, for example.)
- In terms of launch schedule, you want your cover reveal to be about 6-9 weeks out and bloggers should have ARCs a month (or more) in advance.
- Continue writing. Having and growing a backlist is a key to success. You aren't just promoting one book, you're promoting yourself as an author and it will take time.
I know I missed A LOT of other info in the chat, but these were the things that either surprised me, I hadn't heard before, or bear repeating so I took special note of them. I hope it's helpful! :)